Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Liebster Award Wow

What a great surprise when I checked in with my blog and found that two different bloggers had nominated me for the Liebster Award!  I am still trying to get the hang of this blogging thing and hope that the things I am posting some people find useful.  I get so excited when I get a new follower....I know my hubby thinks I am crazy!!  So here goes!

First I was nominated by Nicki at Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten....I love her blog! Then I was nominated by Khrys from Keepin' It Kool in Kinderland.  I am so glad she found me I love her blog! The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.  It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs. Thanks for the opportunity Nicki and Khrys.  I will answer both sets of questions below! And then below that are the questions for the people I nominated to answer.


The rules:
  • You must post 11 random things about yourself.
  • Answer the questions the nominator set for you.
  • Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
  • Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
  • No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can  learn more about you)!


11 Random Things About Me:

1. I LOVE teaching kindergarten! I have also taught 1st and 2nd grade.
2. I am also a wife and a mom to 2 great kids who are 9 and 5!
3. I love to read but I don't really get to do it much during the school year.  In the summer I go through LOTS of books!
4. We are trying to sell our house so we can move to the town and school district where my kids go to school.
5. I love to watch reality tv!  It is my guilty pleasure....it makes my hubby crazy!
6. I am an only child but have a wonderful cousin and a best friend that I consider my sisters.
7. I used to scrapbook and would like to again some day when I have time.
8. We go to Florida at least once a year to visit my cousin.  I love being able to go to the beach and Disney World.
9. I said I would never drive a mini van but I do now (and I love it)!
10. I love trying new things in my classroom especially technology.
11. I love to organize things!

11 Questions Asked by Nicki at Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten
1. How long have you been teaching?
This is my 14th year teaching.  I have been teaching kindergarten for the last 11 years (but in 3 different places).
2. What is you favorite holiday?
Christmas....who doesn't love decorating, baking, present wrapping, and family!  
3. Do you have any siblings?
No I am an only child.  
4. If you weren't teaching, what would you do instead?
I would either open my own bakery or do professional organizing or maybe be an interior designer.
5. Do you have a favorite sport to watch or play?
I love watching my kids play soccer. Does that make me a soccer mom??
6. What do you do in your spare time?
Is there such a thing as spare time????  I sneak in as much blog stalking..I mean reading as I can!
7. What is the farthest place you have traveled?
I went to France with my 8th grade french class....I know I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have at the time.
8. What is your favorite movie?
Hmmm...that is a tough one.  Ok another guilty pleasure...right now the Twilight series movies.
9.  How long have you been blogging?
Since August of this year. 
10.What made you begin blogging?
I just love reading everyone's blogs and getting great ideas and everyone seemed like they made friends and I wanted to join in on the fun!
11. Favorite food?
Anything sweet!

11 Questions asked by Khrys at Keepin' It Kool In Kinderland
1.  What is your favorite thing about teaching?
Getting to work with my kinder kiddos and seeing them get excited about everything and my the other fabulous teachers I work with!
2. If you won $2 million, what would be your first purchase?
A new house!
3. What was your favorite movie/tv show as a kid?
The Smurfs
4. If you were a crayon, what color would you be and why?
Purple, I love Harold and the Purple Crayon.
5. What is the last book you read? Did you like it?
The CAFE book. Yes I loved it!
6.  Do you have a special talent (other than teaching of course!)?
Organizing - I love it!
7.What did you want to grow up to be when you were little?
A teacher, I used to bring home my workbooks and then line up my dolls and stuffed animals and teach them.  I even had smelly markers!
8. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Blue Moon
9. What is your guilty pleasure?
Reality TV.
10. If you were stranded on a desert island, what one thing would you take and why?
My computer...to blog stalk of course!
11. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you or that you have done for someone else?
It is hard to pick just one....but I think everyone who has made me feel welcomed in all of the new places I have been in my school and teaching career.

Questions I am asking my nominees:

1. What is your favorite theme or subject to teach?
2. How long have you been teaching?
3. What is your favorite read aloud book?
4. How long have you been blogging?
5. Do you have any hobbies?
6. What is your favorite place to visit?
7. What is your favorite thing about teaching?
8. Would you still teach if you won the lottery?
9. What is your favorite food?
10. Do you like to read for fun?  What is your favorite book?
11. How many blogs do you currently follow?

Blogs I am nominating:

Well I think this is officially my longest post yet but I found some really great new blogs to follow! I am looking forward to learning more about everyone. Don't forget to leave me a comment with a link back to your post so I can learn more about you and find even more new bloggers to follow!

6 comments:

  1. I am your newest follower!
    I Dream of First Grade
    I'm glad you like the Solar System Song!
    I love pink so naturally I love your blog design.
    Best wishes,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your adorable blog! Those little dressed up birds are a hoot! I too think kindergarten is the greatest! :)

    Stop by and say hi!

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for nominating my blog The Heart of Reading! I am so honored! I have through;y enjoyed exploring your blog and the ones I nominated! I look forward to your posts! Stop back by to see the answers to your questions!

    Warmly,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great to see you nominated me for the Liebster Award!! I haven't been on top of my blogging responsibilities, but your nomination may have been exactly the push I needed to get back on track. Thank you!!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the nomination! I am laughing at the comment about because this Liebster Award with get me back on track as well. Love your blog, I am your newest follower!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for nominating us for this award. We were so excitied!! I just love your blog!! We love Honey Bunch Designs!! They were the sweetest ladies!! We are your newest followers. Love your ideas and posts. Will be back often.
    Thanks, Kristy and Misty
    From teachingtimes2

    ReplyDelete